Does Your Business Need a Same Day Courier?
April 1, 2015
There’s nothing quite like being able to say, “I’ll have it on your desk by the end of the business day.” However, same day courier fees can quickly add up. Does your business really need to use a same day courier or will a slower method – post office, say, or carrier pigeon – do the job just as well?
Benefits of a Same Day CourierSame day courier service is not for everyone, but it does provide many key advantages over slower courier service, regular post, and other delivery methods:
- One driver + one van = smooth, timely delivery. Your package isn’t stopping along the way, getting jumbled in with other mail and potentially getting delayed, lost or damaged.
- Speed. No other delivery service can achieve this kind of lightning speed when the package absolutely, positively, has to be there.
- GPS-based tracking. Today’s shipping technologies allow clients to track the status of their parcels online in a closed loop between the sender, the recipient, and the courier company.
Who Should Use a Same Day Courier?Take a look at this list of industries below that typically choose same-day courier service for their business-to-business shipping needs. Does your business appear anywhere on the list? Or do you have other urgent shipping needs that make same day courier services a good fit for your company?
- Government or other security-based agencies that need fast delivery of their sensitive materials with guaranteed privacy and security
- Law offices that require important documents (depositions, statements, agreements to purchase, etc.) to be signed with extremely fast turnaround in order to present them in court or finalize contracts
- Medical clinics, hospitals and healthcare organizations that require fast, secure transport of such specialty items as blood samples and organs for transplant
- Businesses with satellite offices or important clients scattered across the country, who need to communicate quickly and securely via air freight
- Businesses transporting delicate and perishable goods